Subject: [PATCH 4/6] pinctrl: single: Add support for wake-up interrupts

From: [email-masked] (Tony Lindgren)
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2013 09:20:15 -0700

* Linus Walleij <[email-masked]> [131010 09:19]:
> On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 6:00 PM, Tony Lindgren <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > * Roger Quadros <[email-masked]> [131010 06:32]:
> >>
> >> I tried testing this with the USB EHCI driver, but I'm not getting wake up interrupts
> >> while the system is still running and only the EHCI controller is runtime suspended.
> >>
> >> It seems we need to somehow call _reconfigure_io_chain() to update the daisy chain
> >> whenever the pad wakeup_enable bit is changed.
> >
> > Sounds like this is on omap3? Have you tried calling pcs_soc->rearm() in the
> > pcs_irq_handle() like the comments there suggest? At least for me that keeps
> > the wake-up interrupts continuously running on omap3 instead of just idle modes.
> 
> If the rearm() function is calling this _reconfigure_io_chain my comments
> on the fact that this is something that should be handled by the pin
> control driver still apply I think ....

Yes, except that the reconfigure_io_chain registers are in the PRM module, not in
the SCM module where the pinctrl registers are.. And that shared PRM interrupt is
used mostly for the internal domain wake-ups, so we should keep that in the PRM
driver.

Regards,

Tony