Subject: [PATCH v2 04/13] uprobes: allow arch-specific initialization

From: [email-masked] (Oleg Nesterov)
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2013 14:52:47 +0100

On 10/31, David Long wrote:
> On 10/28/13 14:58, Oleg Nesterov wrote:
>> On 10/22, David Long wrote:
>> I simply do not understand why uprobes.c uses module_init/module_exit,
>> it can't be compiled as a module.
>
> I guess that makes sense, assuming it can never be made a module.  I saw
> you recent commit for this.
>
>> I think that module_exit/exit_uprobes should be killed, and module_init()
>> should be turned into __initcall(). uprobes-arm.c can have another one.
>>
>
> I will see if I can make this work.

If this can't work, then we need the new hook (this patch). But in this
case please update the changelog to explain the reason.

> Right now the arch-specific
> initialization call is done in the middle of the generic initialization
> code, but I don't know that it *has* to be that way.  I have some
> concern too about getting the order right, since these are built from
> different makefiles.

Not sure I understand... But grep shows a lot of core_initcall()'s in
arch/arm/ which do register_undef_hook(). And I guess you can use any
initcall level.

Oleg.