Subject: [PATCH v2 05/13] uprobes: add arch write opcode hook

From: [email-masked] (Oleg Nesterov)
Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2013 15:03:39 +0100

On 11/01, David Long wrote:
>
> On 10/29/13 15:59, Oleg Nesterov wrote:
>>
>> Or. arm can actually reimplement set_swbp(). This doesn't mean the
>> duplication of write_opcode() code, we can simply export this helper.
>>
>
> That actually looks to me like the cleanest approach.  I have changed
> the static write_opcode() to a global uprobe_write_opcode(), and now
> call it from an arm set_swbp().

OK, great.

> Please do *not* make set_swbp() (and set_orig_insn()) static's.  It
> looks like we now have a use for at least one of them.

I am not sure... it still seems to me it makes sense to cleanup this
interface...

But. I am not going to do this until we merge your changes. We will
see then.

Oleg.