Subject: [PATCH v3 25/28] ARM: mvebu: Add support for NAND controller in Armada 370/XP

From: [email-masked] (Thomas Petazzoni)
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 13:56:54 +0100

Dear Jason Cooper,

On Wed, 6 Nov 2013 06:42:44 -0500, Jason Cooper wrote:

> > Interesting, because I had understood exactly the opposite from the
> > discussions at the ARM kernel summit. But maybe the DT folks changed
> > their mind between the ARM kernel summit and the closing session of
> > the kernel summit :-)
> 
> Yes, that's why I asked the question.  Mark Rutland said he wanted to
> see the code changes when he was reviewing a binding.  Which is indeed
> the opposite of what we had arrived at during the ARM mini-summit.
> 
> So I asked Grant (last question of the Q&A) what he wanted us to tell
> the contributors.  He said (bad paraphrasing here) "I have better
> filters now for finding the binding changes, so send the whole series"
> 
> As him and Mark aren't the only reviewers, I took the extra step of
> saying send the DT bindings as a separate patch with it clearly
> identified in the subject line...

Ok, thanks for the clarification. Those rules seem to be changing from
one day to the next, not really easy to follow :)

Is there some .txt file in Documentation/ that explains what the DT
maintainers expect?

Thanks,

Thomas
-- 
Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons
Embedded Linux, Kernel and Android engineering
http://free-electrons.com