Subject: [PATCH] ARM: OMAP2+: Fix populating the hwmod data from device tree

From: [email-masked] (Tony Lindgren)
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 11:22:10 -0800

* Tony Lindgren <[email-masked]> [131120 10:13]:
> * Tony Lindgren <[email-masked]> [131119 18:57]:
> > We have some device tree properties where the ti,hwmod has multiple
> > values:
> > 
> > am33xx.dtsi:	ti,hwmods = "tpcc", "tptc0", "tptc1", "tptc2";
> > am4372.dtsi:	ti,hwmods = "tpcc", "tptc0", "tptc1", "tptc2";

I think these should be defined in the .dtsi files as separate devices
and removed from the related omap_hwmod_*_data.c files.

> > dra7.dtsi:	ti,hwmods = "l3_main_1", "l3_main_2";

These too should be defined in the .dtsi file. Looks like we're missing
the related data in the omap_hwmod_7xx_data.c file anyways?

> > omap3.dtsi:	ti,hwmods = "mcbsp2", "mcbsp2_sidetone";
> > omap3.dtsi:	ti,hwmods = "mcbsp3", "mcbsp3_sidetone";

OK the sidetone data we can probably parse using the ti,hwmods as
an index.

> > omap4.dtsi:	ti,hwmods = "l3_main_1", "l3_main_2", "l3_main_3";
> > omap5.dtsi:	ti,hwmods = "l3_main_1", "l3_main_2", "l3_main_3";

Benoit, I guess these mean that those devices should be created
dynamically, right?

Yet we've removed the related data in commit 3b9b10 and are not
passing it in the .dtsi file?

So these should be created as separate devices in the .dtsi file
instead AFAIK.

> Hmm I think this also needs part two to it to populate the right IO space
> based on the index, this probably now wrongly populates the first IO space
> for all the hwmod instances in the group.

Yeah this patch clearly is not the right fix to the problem of
missing data.

Regards,

Tony