Subject: CMA on AArch64

From: [email-masked] (Catalin Marinas)
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 12:37:52 +0000

On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 12:11:35PM +0000, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 12:06:00PM +0000, Catalin Marinas wrote:
> > On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 09:41:18PM +0000, Laura Abbott wrote:
> > > I noticed there is currently no CMA support for AArch64. Is this already 
> > > on someone's TODO list or is this still open?
> > 
> > It's more like a wish list but there were other things that took
> > priority. The arm64 DMA mapping code currently only supports swiotlb and
> > our next plan is for IOMMU mapping. But I would like parts of the DMA
> > IOMMU code under arch/arm to be made into a library (similar to the
> > lib/swiotlb.c) so that other architectures can easily make use of it.
> 
> If you're referring to dmabounce.c, that's a 100% no-way-ever-even-if-
> hell-freezes-over NACK.

Does dmabounce.c implement IOMMU support? I'm talking about functions
like __alloc_iova, __iommu_create_mapping etc.

The generic swiotlb code has enough bouncing capabilities for my needs.

-- 
Catalin