Subject: [PATCH 0/4] arm64: advertise availability of CRC and crypto instructions

From: [email-masked] (Catalin Marinas)
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2013 11:11:48 +0000

On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 06:50:35PM +0000, Ard Biesheuvel wrote:
> On 18 December 2013 18:29, Catalin Marinas <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> > For the time being, I merged the first two patches for AArch64 support.
> > I'm not merging the compat one yet as this should strictly follow the
> > arch/arm support.
> 
> Yeah, I guess that makes sense.
> 
> I find this ghetto style drive-by veto'ing less than productive,

LOL. That's how we add a bit of excitement to our monotonous maintainer
life ;).

> I would much rather have had an informed discussion involving both
> Russell and you and settle on a solution that is acceptable for both
> ARM and arm64.

I think we first need to get clarification from Russell whether the
problem is the number of hwcap bits used or just not willing to take new
ARMv8/AArch32 features in the 32-bit kernel.

If the latter, we can wait until AArch32 user space people start working
on optimised crypto libraries and restart the discussion at the time.

-- 
Catalin