Subject: [PATCH 1/2] ARM: omapfb: add coherent dma memory support

From: [email-masked] (Tony Lindgren)
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2014 15:59:51 -0800

* Tomi Valkeinen <[email-masked]> [131230 05:21]:
> The omapfb driver uses dma_alloc to reserve memory for the framebuffers.
> However, on some use cases, even when CMA is in use, it's quite probable
> that omapfb fails to allocate the fb, either due to not enough free dma
> memory, fragmented dma memory, or CMA failing to make enough contiguous
> space.
> 
> This patch adds a kernel cmdline parameter 'omapfb_vram' which can be
> used to give the size of a memory area reserved exclusively for omapfb,
> and optionally a physical address where the memory area is reserved.
> 
> The memory area is reserved with memblock, and assigned to omapfb with
> dma_declare_coherent_memory. The dma_alloc function will first try to
> allocate the fb from the coherent memory area, and if that fails, it'll
> use the normal method of allocation.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Tomi Valkeinen <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Ivaylo Dimitrov <[email-masked]>

Feel free to queue this along with the DSS patches:

Acked-by: Tony Lindgren <[email-masked]>