Subject: [PATCH RFC 00/26] Migrate more OMAP DMA code to DMA engine

From: [email-masked] (Tony Lindgren)
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2014 17:21:11 -0800

* Russell King - ARM Linux <[email-masked]> [140102 07:11]:
> The following patch series moves code to setup the DMA hardware and
> service interrupts from the hardware to the DMA engine driver.  This
> reduces the dependency on the legacy DMA implementation.
> 
> This series does not remove the channel allocation/freeing hooks which
> are used to manage the allocation of physical channels - this is the
> next step in the evolution.
> 
> The patches which move the interrupt handling are currently less than
> perfect since they're writing to ENABLE_L0 under a different spinlock,
> and hence RFC only at the moment.

Nice to see this happening. These seem to work for me based on a quick
try on omap2+, but on omap1 the build fails:

arch/arm/mach-omap1/dma.c: In function ?dma_write?:
arch/arm/mach-omap1/dma.c:186: error: ?const struct omap_dma_reg? has no member named ?size?

Regards,

Tony