Subject: [PATCH 0/8] ARM: shmobile: Conditionally select SMSC_PHY

From: [email-masked] (Arnd Bergmann)
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 12:15:32 +0100

On Thursday 09 January 2014, Simon Horman wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 07, 2014 at 05:48:00PM +0900, Simon Horman wrote:
> > Select the SMSC_PHY if ethernet is enabled on shmbile boards
> > that have an SMSC phy. This allows the SMSC-specific phy driver
> > to be used rather than relying on generic phy code.
> > 
> > Based on the renesas-devel-v3.13-rc7-20140107 tag
> > of my renesas tree.
> 
> I have queued up these changes.
> 

I don't have an objection to the patches themselves, but a general
feeling that it would be better to have larger combined patches than
splitting them out per board.

I'm cautious with this comment because most people seem to do the
opposite and combine too many things into large patches, but I think
when you have identical changeset comments and change the same Kconfig
file in all of them, you can save yourself and the reviewers some work.

	Arnd