Subject: [PATCH v3 4/6] arm: add early_ioremap support

From: [email-masked] (Catalin Marinas)
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 16:58:47 +0000

On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 04:11:03PM +0000, Rob Herring wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 9:50 PM, Mark Salter <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > This patch uses the generic early_ioremap code to implement
> > early_ioremap for ARM. The ARM-specific bits come mostly from
> > an earlier patch from Leif Lindholm <[email-masked]>
> > here:
> >
> >   https://lkml.org/lkml/2013/10/3/279
> 
> I think this will be useful to implement an arm64 style earlycon for
> arm as the current DEBUG_LL doesn't really work with multi-platform
> kernels. I started on this and quickly realized I needed the fixmap
> support.

It would be even better if you can make it more generic
(drivers/tty/serial/) and keep DEBUG_LL as a specialised case for
arch/arm (when !multi-platform).

-- 
Catalin