Subject: [PATCH] arm: document "mach-virt" platform.

From: [email-masked] (Christoffer Dall)
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2014 20:54:02 -0800

On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 04:11:02PM +0000, Ian Campbell wrote:
> mach-virt has existed for a while but it is not written down what it actually
> consists of. Although it seems a bit unusual to document a binding for an
> entire platform since mach-virt is entirely virtual it is helpful to have
> something to refer to in the absence of a single concrete implementation.
> 
> I've done my best to capture the requirements based on the git log and my
> memory/understanding.

[...]

> 
> +
> +The platform may also provide hypervisor specific functionality
> +(e.g. PV I/O), if it does so then this functionality must be
> +discoverable (directly or indirectly) via device tree.

While this is obviously true, I'm not sure I see the value of this text.

Isn't it more essential to just say that *any* functionality provided to
the platform must be discoverable via device tree?

-Christoffer