Subject: [PATCH 09/10] watchdog: xilinx: Add missing binding

From: [email-masked] (Arnd Bergmann)
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2014 16:06:11 +0100

On Friday 31 January 2014, Michal Simek wrote:
> +Optional properties:
> +- clock-frequency      : Frequency of clock in Hz
> +- xlnx,wdt-enable-once : 0 - Watchdog can be restarted
> +                         1 - Watchdog can be enabled just once
> +- xlnx,wdt-interval    : Watchdog timeout interval in 2^<val> clock cycles,
> +                         <val> is integer from 8 to 31.
> +

The latter two don't really seem to be xilinx specific, it would be
reasonable to have a standard watchdog binding that mandates a common
format for them.

I'm not sure about the enable-once flag, which seems to just map to the
"nowayout" watchdog option that is not a hardware feature at all
and should probably be kept as a software setting only, rather than
settable through DT. If it is kept, it should have a standard name and
get turned into a boolean (present/absent) property rather than a
0/1 integer property.

The interval should really be specified in terms of seconds or miliseconds,
not in clock cycles.

	Arnd