Subject: [PATCH v2 7/7] cpufreq: exynos: remove all exynos specific cpufreq driver support

From: [email-masked] (Lukasz Majewski)
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2014 14:49:53 +0100

Hi Nishanth,

> On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 6:43 AM, Thomas Abraham <[email-masked]>
> wrote:
> > Okay, thanks. Initially it looked like adding boost frequencies into
> > operating-modes would convolute it but I guess I was wrong. So I
> > will add support for looking up "boost-frequencies" property in
> > dev_pm_opp_init_cpufreq_table function and mark the frequencies
> > listed in this binding as CPUFREQ_BOOST_FREQ.
> I wonder if it is high time that we pop the cpufreq stuff out of opp.c
> other frameworks such as devfreq might choose to do things
> differently.

In my opinion, conceptually cpufreq's voltage and freq handling code
fits perfectly to OPP framework.

Yes. We can think about excluding cpufreq related code to e.g.
opp-cpufreq.c (and probably opp-devfreq.c if needed in the future).

> Regards,
> Nishanth Menon
> 
> _______________________________________________
> linux-arm-kernel mailing list
> linux-arm-kernel at lists.infradead.org
> http://lists.infradead.org/mailman/listinfo/linux-arm-kernel

-- 
Best regards,

Lukasz Majewski

Samsung R&D Institute Poland (SRPOL) | Linux Platform Group