Subject: [PATCH] ARM: tegra: don't timeout if CPU is powergated

From: [email-masked] (Thierry Reding)
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 09:49:08 +0100

On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 09:28:52AM +0100, Marc Dietrich wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 12. Februar 2014, 12:20:29 schrieb Stephen Warren:
> > On 02/10/2014 05:44 PM, Stefan Agner wrote:
> > > When booting secondary CPU(s) which are not yet powergated, a wrong
> > > check lead to a timeout after 100 jiffies. With this patch, we only
> > > delay powergating if CPUs are still not powered yet.
> > 
> > I've applied this to Tegra's for-3.15/soc branch.
> 
> also for 3.14 and maybe lower versioned kernels? Since this seems to fix a bug 
> where some core doesn't come up.

Yeah, this bug has been there for pretty much forever it seems. Commit
86e51a2ee471 "ARM: tegra: support for secondary cores on Tegra30" added
tegra30_boot_secondary() (named tegra30_power_up_cpu() back then, which
was renamed to tegra30_boot_secondary() in commit 0d1f79b033bb "ARM:
tegra: refactor tegra{20,30}_boot_secondary". The latter was introduced
in v3.10, so I guess backporting it to stable releases all the way back
to v3.10 would be good.

Backporting to earlier versions (86e51a2ee471 went into v3.4) will be a
lot more difficult since some of the APIs were renamed since then.

Thierry
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 836 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/attachments/20140213/b74037ed/attachment-0001.sig>