Subject: [PATCH 21/21] ARM: Kirkwood: Remove DT support

From: [email-masked] (Andrew Lunn)
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 14:23:20 +0100

> > What this patchset does is also make mach-mvebu part of the multi v5
> > kernel. So you just need one kernel for all ARM v5 machines which are
> > part of multi v5. The long term goal is that you need just two 32 ARM
> > kernels, multi v5 and multi v7. However orion5x and mv76xx0 are not
> > yet part of theses, so we are not there yet.
> 
> So in answer to my question, on v5 ARCH_KIRKWOOD and ARCH_MVEBU *cannot*
> coexist in the same binary?

Clearly ARCH_MVEBU v7 cannot. What i need to determine is if
ARCH_KIRKWOOD and ARCH_MVEBU v5 will go into one binary. I _think_ the
answer is no, but i need to take a closer look.

What i suspect we will end up doing it dropping the last patch for the
moment and ensuring ARCH_KIRKWOOD still supports all the DT machines.
I think that just needs care with arch/arm/boot/dts/Makefile.

Once we have the last four converted over to DT, you can then do a
straight swap, mach-kirkwood for mach-mvebu.

I will get back to you in a couple of days once i have this all
figured out.

	Andrew