Subject: [PATCH 2/3] arm64: Add Kconfig option for Samsung GH7 SoC family

From: [email-masked] (Catalin Marinas)
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 18:58:05 +0000

On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 05:09:59PM +0000, Olof Johansson wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 3:22 AM, Catalin Marinas
> > Two additional points:
> >
> > 1. Single arm64 defconfig file covering everything
> > 2. Modules rather than built-in by default where possible (especially
> >    for server platforms)
> 
> Sounds good to me. Are you also willing to pick up one defconfig per
> vendor (but not more)? I think it's been useful to have those on arm,
> even on multiplatform kernels. We used them on powerpc as well, where
> we had a two-layer approach (ppc64_defconfig and per-platform configs,
> pseries/iseries/pasemi/g5/cell).

Initially I would keep a single defconfig with everything just to get
wider coverage of single Image. Later on, if just deselecting config
entries doesn't work, we can revisit per-vendor defconfigs.

-- 
Catalin