Subject: pci-mvebu driver on km_kirkwood

From: [email-masked] (Jason Gunthorpe)
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 17:32:27 -0700

On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 09:29:14PM +0100, Thomas Petazzoni wrote:

> In practice, the story is a little bit more subtle than that: the PCIe
> driver may want to decide to either tell the PCI core to enlarge the
> window BAR up to the next power of two size, or to dedicate two windows
> to it.

That is a smart, easy solution! Maybe that is the least invasive way
to proceed for now?

I have no idea how you decide when to round up and when to allocate
more windows, that feels like a fairly complex optimization problem!

Alternatively, I suspect you can use the PCI quirk mechanism to alter
the resource sizing on a bridge?

> Jason, would you mind maybe replying to Bjorn Helgaas email (Thu, 20
> Feb 2014 12:18:42 -0700) ? I believe that a lot of the misunderstanding
> between Bjorn and me is due to the fact that I don't use the correct
> PCI terminology to describe how the Marvell hardware works, and how the
> Marvell PCIe driver copes with it. I'm sure you would explain it in a
> way that would be more easily understood by someone very familiar with
> the PCI terminology such as Bjorn. Thanks a lot!

Done!

Hope it helps,
Jason