Subject: pci-mvebu driver on km_kirkwood

From: [email-masked] (Gavin Shan)
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2014 11:43:27 +0800

On Sat, Feb 22, 2014 at 06:53:23AM +1100, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
>On Fri, 2014-02-21 at 12:05 -0700, Bjorn Helgaas wrote:
>> But I wonder if powerpc has a similar issue here: I think EEH might
>> need, for example 16MB bridge window alignment.  Since
>> pcibios_window_alignment() only affects the *starting* address, could
>> the core assign a 9MB window whose starting address is 16MB-aligned?
>> Could EEH deal with that?  What if the PCI core assigned the space
>> right after the 9MB window to another device?
>
>Gavin, did you guys deal with that at all ? Are we aligning the size as
>well somewhat ?
>

Yeah, we can handle it well because pcibios_window_alignment() affects
both starting address and size of PCI bridge window. More details could
be found in pci/drivers/setup-bus.c::pbus_size_mem(): starting address,
"size0", "size1", "size1-size0" are aligned to "min_align", which is
coming from pcibios_window_alignment() (16MB as mentioned).

Thanks,
Gavin