Subject: [PATCH 21/21] ARM: Kirkwood: Remove DT support

From: [email-masked] (Arnd Bergmann)
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 13:44:23 +0100

On Sunday 23 February 2014, Simon Guinot wrote:
> I am quite busy this days but as soon I get some free time I will take
> care of the DT conversion for the Lacie boards.
> 
> Basically, we need to fix some minor issues with the Thomas patches:
> 
> ARM: kirkwood: convert d2net_v2 to DT
> ARM: kirkwood: convert LaCie Net{2, 5}Big v2 platforms to DT
> 
> And also a DT binding must be added to the LED driver leds-netxbig.

I just took a brief look at the LED driver. I think it would be
reasonable to move almost all of the platform_data into the driver
itself and associate the two versions with distinct "compatible"
strings. That works in this particular case because while the driver
is generic enough to handle other cases, I also wouldn't expect
it to ever get used again on another platform.

The main change to the driver would be to add support for a binding
that gets the seven gpio numbers out of the DT then.

	Arnd