Subject: [PATCH 7/7] PCI: designware: split samsung and fsl bindings

From: [email-masked] (Arnd Bergmann)
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2014 15:53:39 +0100

On Tuesday 04 March 2014, Lucas Stach wrote:
> Right, we should be able to reuse the clock names. Though I'm not really
> sure how the Samsung clocks maps to those used on i.MX, as the names are
> a bit generic. Maybe someone from Samsung could shed a bit of light on
> this.
> 
> On i.MX6 the clock names (which I have to agree are pretty bad) map as
> follows:
> pcie_axi: host controller main register/bus access clock
> pcie_ref_125m: pcie phy reference clock
> 
> sata_ref_100m: pcie bus 100MHz reference clock

That doesn't explain why it's called "sata_ref_100m".

> lvds_gate: bad abstraction. Decides if the reference clock is sourced
> internal (i.e. the 100MHz ref clock above) or from an SoC external
> source. We should really find a better way of representing this in the
> clock tree.

I don't understand this description at all. Can you try to explain that
with different words?

	Arnd