Subject: FEC ethernet issues [Was: PL310 errata workarounds]

From: [email-masked] (Shawn Guo)
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2014 22:00:00 +0800

On Thu, Apr 03, 2014 at 02:45:10PM +0100, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 03, 2014 at 09:36:41PM +0800, Shawn Guo wrote:
> > Russell,
> > 
> > In case there is a confusion.  The 900Mbps figure that Fugang said is
> > not on any of i.MX6 SoCs that are publicly available - i.MX6SoloLite
> > (imx6sl), i.MX6Solo/DualLite (imx6dl), i.MX6Dual/Quad (imx6q), but on
> > a new member of i.MX6 family - i.MX6SoloX (imx6sx).  This new SoC hasn't
> > been announced by Freescale yet.  One major improvement of this new SoC
> > over its ancestors is the FEC throughput.  It claims 1Gbps throughput
> > support.  So it's really a hardware optimization instead of anything
> > that software can do.
> 
> That means it's irrelevant to this discussion because it's different
> hardware, with who knows what changes to the memory subsystem and
> CPU/cache implementation.  Hence, it can't be compared in any way to
> the performance I see on iMX6Q and iMX6S.

Exactly.  I don't think that Fugang should bring i.MX6SX figure into the
discussion either, and I see that's where the confusion comes, from what
I read the thread today.

Shawn