Subject: [ANNOUNCE / UPDATE]: ARM mini-summit at ELC changed to BoFs (+ hack day)

From: [email-masked] (Olof Johansson)
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2014 11:57:32 -0700

Hi,

Based on the results of the call-for-invites, we've decided that there
aren't enough topics (and absence of several crucial participants)
to warrant a whole day of mini-summit at this time.

We'll work with the ELC organizers to schedule two BoFs: 
* DT (best practices, reviews, etc)
* ARM/ARM64 (sharing, consolidation, upstreaming)

Those were the major meaty topics from the proposals that we can have
meaningful discussions about, and we'll find time on the ELC schedule
and a room for those discussions for interested parties.

However, we still have the room we've reserved. We'll cancel meal service,
which means that there will be no cost involved for participants (and
no registration), and we'll keep the room available for a generic hack
day. If you've got something you want to work on together with someone
else from the community, this is a great opportunity to do so. Want to
come by and show off a cute embedded hack? Swing by!

We want to keep the room productive even if we're not doing anything
formal, so if you're just there to shoot the breeze and hang out, then
we recommend a nearby coffee shop or lounge area instead.

We'll work with LF to secure some power strips. You might want to bring
one for yourself if you need several outlets for your systems.  I'm not
so sure we'll be able to do wired ethernet, so if you rely on that,
expect to tether to a laptop for your work, etc.

ARM mini-summit Program Committee,

Arnd Bergmann
Magnus Damm
Kevin Hilman
Simon Horman
Olof Johansson
Grant Likely