Subject: [PATCH 14/29] ARM: orion: switch to a per-platform handle_irq() function

From: [email-masked] (Thomas Petazzoni)
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2014 14:04:47 +0200

Dear Sebastian Hesselbarth,

On Sat, 19 Apr 2014 11:09:20 +0200, Sebastian Hesselbarth wrote:

> > Also, this approach goes towards the goal of reducing plat-orion/ code.
> > Having the code closer to each SoC is going to make it easier to
> > progressively get rid of it I believe.
> 
> Ok, I agree. But IIRC the multi-irq handler is only needed, if you
> compile both DT and non-DT in one kernel, right?

Correct.

> Dove DT just left mach-dove, so there is no way you can compile both.
> For the sake of simplicity, I'd even agree on adding it now and
> remove it later again. But at least for Dove, the move is bogus.

I think there's a lot of possible following clean up to be made. But we
have to define some limits to the current patch series, otherwise it's
going to grow to a 50+ patches monster that will be very hard to merge.
I clearly agree some of things are not in their final ideal state, but
I believe, overall, this patch series for Orion5x is pushing things in
the right direction, no?

Thomas
-- 
Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons
Embedded Linux, Kernel and Android engineering
http://free-electrons.com