Subject: [PATCH v2 3/6] ata: ahci: add AHCI support for the Berlin BG2Q

From: [email-masked] (Antoine Ténart)
Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 14:07:51 +0200

Hi Andrew,

On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 04:12:21PM +0200, Andrew Lunn wrote:
> On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 11:16:54AM +0200, Antoine T?nart wrote:

[?]

> I've no idea is this is a good or bad idea, but could you put all the
> above code in the phy driver? It does seem to be mostly phy
> related. Then teach the core ahci code about optional phy nodes in DT.
> You can then probably do without a ahci berlin driver.

The code is PHY related, but the setup done is SATA specific. I think it
makes sense to keep it here. From what I saw lots of PHY drivers only
power up / down the PHYs.

Lots of port setups are done in the SATA framework, so it would separate
related code into two subsystems.

Antoine

-- 
Antoine T?nart, Free Electrons
Embedded Linux, Kernel and Android engineering
http://free-electrons.com