Subject: [PATCH] ARM: omap: rework platform selection

From: [email-masked] (Arnd Bergmann)
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 15:57:15 +0200

On Monday 16 June 2014, Rob Herring wrote:
> > So far I have not come up with no great ideas on fixing this
> > properly short of requiring all omap .config files to add
> > CONFIG_ARCH_OMAP=y manually. Anybody got good ideas for that?
> 
> I've failed to come up with anything...
> 

I have two ideas, but neither is great:

a) we leave the individual per-soc options in the top-level menu
   and move the sub-options under those. This is a bit or a problem
   for options concerning all of OMAP, but I'm not sure how many of
   those are actually required.

b) We go back to Rob's version and make CONFIG_ARCH_OMAP the
   user-selectable option, and then find another solution for
   building a kernel with ARCH_OMAP set but none of individual
   options. This will work for anybody who has a full .config
   file, but still break the 'make savedefconfig' generated ones.

	Arnd