Subject: [PATCH 0/7] ARM: dts: ssi device node updates

From: [email-masked] (Shawn Guo)
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 20:33:38 +0800

On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 11:06:28AM +0200, Markus Pargmann wrote:
> This series cleans up some old or unnecessary properties from the dts files.
> 
> Patch 1 removes an enabled ssi unit that is not used.

Instead of holding the whole series by waiting ACK from ventana board
maintainer on the first patch, I choose to keep the ssi node and remove
fsl,mode property.  The ssi node can be removed later in another patch
after board maintainer confirms.

> 
> Patch 2 adds ssi DMA properties based on the previous definiton of
> fsl,ssi-dma-events for imx50.
> 
> Patches 3 and 4 remove the old non-generic fsl,ssi-dma-events property. The
> generic dmas property is still present and used.
> 
> Patch 5,6 and 7 remove the fsl,mode properties for ssi units that are
> connected with sgtl5000 cards. The sgtl5000 already configures the connection
> between codec and CPU DAI correctly, so we don't need fsl,mode here.

There are some a number of new boards on my imx/dt branch across
different i.MX series.  Since the last 3 patches are all about board
level files, I just squashed them and made the same change for those
new boards in there.

Also, I updated the patch subject a little bit, primarily on prefix.
And the last one should be about audio cards, not only sgtl5000.  So in
all, the new summary looks like the following.

Markus Pargmann (4):
  ARM: dts: imx50: add ssi dma properties
  ARM: dts: imx5: remove fsl,ssi-dma-events
  ARM: dts: imx6qdl: remove fsl,ssi-dma-events
  ARM: dts: imx: remove ssi fsl,mode for audio cards

 arch/arm/boot/dts/imx25-eukrea-mbimxsd25-baseboard.dts | 1 -
 arch/arm/boot/dts/imx25-pdk.dts                        | 1 -
 arch/arm/boot/dts/imx27-eukrea-mbimxsd27-baseboard.dts | 1 -
 arch/arm/boot/dts/imx27-phytec-phycore-som.dtsi        | 1 -
 arch/arm/boot/dts/imx35-eukrea-mbimxsd35-baseboard.dts | 1 -
 arch/arm/boot/dts/imx50.dtsi                           | 8 ++++++--
 arch/arm/boot/dts/imx51-babbage.dts                    | 1 -
 arch/arm/boot/dts/imx51-eukrea-mbimxsd51-baseboard.dts | 1 -
 arch/arm/boot/dts/imx51.dtsi                           | 3 ---
 arch/arm/boot/dts/imx53-m53evk.dts                     | 1 -
 arch/arm/boot/dts/imx53-mba53.dts                      | 1 -
 arch/arm/boot/dts/imx53-qsb-common.dtsi                | 1 -
 arch/arm/boot/dts/imx53-tx53.dtsi                      | 1 -
 arch/arm/boot/dts/imx53-voipac-bsb.dts                 | 1 -
 arch/arm/boot/dts/imx53.dtsi                           | 3 ---
 arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6dl-riotboard.dts                 | 1 -
 arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6q-gw5400-a.dts                   | 1 -
 arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6qdl-gw52xx.dtsi                  | 1 -
 arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6qdl-gw53xx.dtsi                  | 1 -
 arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6qdl-gw54xx.dtsi                  | 2 --
 arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6qdl-nitrogen6x.dtsi              | 1 -
 arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6qdl-sabrelite.dtsi               | 1 -
 arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6qdl-sabresd.dtsi                 | 1 -
 arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6qdl-tx6.dtsi                     | 1 -
 arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6qdl-wandboard.dtsi               | 1 -
 arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6qdl.dtsi                         | 3 ---
 arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6sl-evk.dts                       | 1 -
 27 files changed, 6 insertions(+), 35 deletions(-)