Subject: [PATCH v7 1/6] pci: Introduce pci_register_io_range() helper function.

From: [email-masked] (Will Deacon)
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2014 13:49:49 +0100

On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 12:03:34PM +0100, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> On Thursday 26 June 2014 19:44:21 Rob Herring wrote:
> > I don't agree arm32 is harder than microblaze. Yes, converting ALL of
> > arm would be, but that is not necessary. With Liviu's latest branch
> > the hacks I previously needed are gone (thanks!), and this is all I
> > need to get Versatile PCI working (under QEMU):
> 
> I meant converting all of arm32 would be harder, but I agree we don't
> have to do it. It would be nice to convert all of the drivers/pci/host
> drivers though, iow all multiplatform-enabled ones, and leaving the
> current arm32 pci implementation for the platforms we don't want to
> convert to multiplatform anyway (footbridge, iop, ixp4xx, ks8695 (?),
> pxa, sa1100).

I'm more than happy to convert the generic host controller we merged
recently, but I'd probably want the core changes merged first so that I
know I'm not wasting my time!

Will