Subject: [PATCH 7/9] ARM: sunxi: dt: Add PLL2 support

From: [email-masked] (Maxime Ripard)
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2014 14:50:41 +0200

On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 05:46:09PM -0400, jonsmirl at gmail.com wrote:
> Would it be better to name this "allwinner,sun4i-a10-pll2-clk" instead
> of "allwinner,sun4i-a10-b-pll2-clk"? By encoding the b in it everyone
> is going to wonder what to do on the 'c' revision which is the most
> common revision.

Not really, the way we works usually is that the compatible is the one
from the first SoC that implemented that IP. If the rev C has the same
IP than rev B, then we're using the rev B compatible.

> 
> The revision based rename would then be from
> "allwinner,sun4i-a10-pll2-clk" to "allwinner,sun4i-a10-a-pll2-clk".

Though, I'd agree with you. We should have a single compatible in the
DT, a generic one, that would trigger the auto-detection, and might
change it to the rev A one, but the rev B doesn't make much sense.

Maxime
-- 
Maxime Ripard, Free Electrons
Embedded Linux, Kernel and Android engineering
http://free-electrons.com
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 819 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
URL: <http://lists.infradead.org/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/attachments/20140803/d43bd6b5/attachment.sig>