Subject: [PATCH v2 06/11] pwm: sti: Add new driver for ST's PWM IP

From: [email-masked] (Lee Jones)
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2014 08:38:02 +0100

On Thu, 07 Aug 2014, Thierry Reding wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 03:33:27PM +0100, Lee Jones wrote:
> [...]
> > +static int sti_pwm_probe(struct platform_device *pdev)
> > +{
> [...]
> > +	pc->clk = of_clk_get_by_name(np, "pwm");
> 
> This didn't compile because the np variable isn't declared. It was easy
> to fix up, so I did, but please be more careful next time that the
> patches you submit at least compile (preferably without sparse warnings
> of which I also fixed up a couple).

That's annoying, I thought I did build test the final changes.
However, there's a mistake in the Makefile meaning that it wasn't
building with no warning/error messages - it actually wasn't building
at all!  Sorry about that Thierry.

I guess if you can build the driver, you've already fixed that?

diff --git a/drivers/pwm/Makefile b/drivers/pwm/Makefile
index 878333a..79665e3 100644
--- a/drivers/pwm/Makefile
+++ b/drivers/pwm/Makefile
@@ -20,7 +20,7 @@ obj-$(CONFIG_PWM_PXA)         += pwm-pxa.o
 obj-$(CONFIG_PWM_RENESAS_TPU)  += pwm-renesas-tpu.o
 obj-$(CONFIG_PWM_SAMSUNG)      += pwm-samsung.o
 obj-$(CONFIG_PWM_SPEAR)                += pwm-spear.o
-obj-$(CONFIG_PWM_STI)          += pwm-st.o
+obj-$(CONFIG_PWM_STI)          += pwm-sti.o
 obj-$(CONFIG_PWM_TEGRA)                += pwm-tegra.o
 obj-$(CONFIG_PWM_TIECAP)       += pwm-tiecap.o
 obj-$(CONFIG_PWM_TIEHRPWM)     += pwm-tiehrpwm.o

After that change, I can see that you're absolutely correct:

  CC      drivers/pwm/pwm-sti.o
../drivers/pwm/pwm-sti.c: In function ?sti_pwm_config?:
../drivers/pwm/pwm-sti.c:202:3: warning:
  format ?%lu? expects argument of type ?long unsigned int?, but
  argument 5 has type ?int? [-Wformat=]
     dev_dbg(dev, "prescale:%u, period:%lu, duty:%i, pwmvalx:%u\n",
     ^
../drivers/pwm/pwm-sti.c: In function ?sti_pwm_probe?:
../drivers/pwm/pwm-sti.c:352:31: error: ?np? undeclared 
  pc->clk = of_clk_get_by_name(np, "pwm");
                               ^
Sorry for the fuss.

-- 
Lee Jones
Linaro STMicroelectronics Landing Team Lead
Linaro.org ? Open source software for ARM SoCs
Follow Linaro: Facebook | Twitter | Blog