Subject: [PATCH 00/11] Fix arm64 issues highlighted by sparse and smatch

From: [email-masked] (Will Deacon)
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 18:05:29 +0100

Hi Christoffer,

On Tue, Aug 26, 2014 at 03:56:14PM +0100, Christoffer Dall wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 26, 2014 at 03:13:19PM +0100, Will Deacon wrote:
> > Hi all,
> > 
> > After the static checking talk at kernel summit, I felt empowered to go
> > and run sparse and smatch over the arm64 defconfig. As I anticipated,
> > this spotted a few issues in the arch code, so I've fixed up the ones
> > that aren't just noise in this series. Most are simply incorrect
> > address space annotations, but fixing these is useful for spotting real
> > issues in the future.
> > 
> > I don't think any of these fix critical bugs, but they all deserve to be
> > addressed. I tagged the compat watchpoint fix for stable, as that code
> > has been broken since we merged the architecture port.
> > 
> 
> Do you want me to queue the kvm ones or did you have other plans to
> upstream this entire series as one?

They're all independent, so please take the kvm ones via your tree. I can
send a separate pull if you prefer? Jason -- would you like an
irqchip-specific pull for those?

> Also, do you consider these fixes for 3.17 (what about cc for stable in
> that case), or for 3.18?

The only one I CC'd stable for was the compat ptrace watchpoint patch,
because that's something that we've been getting wrong and will cause
breakage with a 32-bit GDB. I don't consider the others urgent (i.e. happy
if you wait until 3.18).

Cheers,

Will