Subject: [PATCH 1/6] arm: Fix in-correct barrier usage in SWP{B} emulation

From: [email-masked] (Catalin Marinas)
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 17:40:17 +0100

On Tue, Aug 26, 2014 at 11:28:45AM +0100, Punit Agrawal wrote:
> According to the ARM ARMv7, explicit barriers are necessary when using
> synchronisation primitives such as SWP{B}. The use of these
> instructions does not automatically imply a barrier and any ordering
> requirements by the software must be explicitly expressed with the use
> of suitable barriers.
> 
> Based on this, remove the barriers from SWP{B} emulation.
> 
> Cc: Russell King <[email-masked]>
> Signed-off-by: Punit Agrawal <[email-masked]>

This patch is independent to the SWP emulation for arm64 series. Unless
Russell has any objections, you should send it to his patch system (git
send-email to patches at arm.linux.org.uk with "KernelVersion: v3..." after
the commit log; I hope Russell drops the KernelVersion requirement some
day ;)).

-- 
Catalin