Subject: [PATCH v8 00/18] 8250-core based serial driver for OMAP + DMA

From: [email-masked] (Sebastian Andrzej Siewior)
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2014 18:33:13 +0200

* Sebastian Andrzej Siewior | 2014-09-08 17:15:01 [+0200]:

>* Frans Klaver | 2014-09-08 16:46:18 [+0200]:
>
>>- ncurses based applications (vi, less) don't play nice for me on the
>>  console with this series. less doesn't show me anything. vi doesn't
>>  return to console properly.
>
>Can you give a test case 

Okay. less. My am335x-evm freezes after a while for no obvious reason.
The data that hits the RX fifo is still received but the TX won't do
anything. The DMA request is pending, the FIFO level is @64 bytes and
the UART doesn't make any progress.
On beagle-board I see what you described: less on a file and nothing
happens.
Disabling DMA seems to help fix the problem omap3. Nothing changes for
am335x.

Sebastian