Subject: [GIT PULL 3.18] ARM: BCM: Broadcom BCM63138 support

From: [email-masked] (Arnd Bergmann)
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 18:27:24 +0200

On Monday 15 September 2014, Christian Daudt wrote:
> >
> >
> > Arnd has reviewed v2, and v3 addresses his former comments, he has not
> > replied with an Ack though I do not mind waiting for this.
> 
> Ok - explicit is better than implicit. Arnd - can you pls confirm your
> ack to these patches ?

I'm glad you asked, because it triggered me to look at the pull request.
The patches are all good, feel free to add

Acked-by: Arnd Bergmann <[email-masked]>

to each patch, or to the merge, whichever works for you.

However, the pull request was done wrong, so don't merge this changeset
into your branch or we won't pull it from you.

The problem is that it is based on top of out for-next branch, which is
not meant to be sent upstream to Linus. Instead as you know we expect
all pull requests coming in from platform maintainers to be done as
topic branches and normall based on top of the previous -rc1 release,
or possibly a later -rcX release if you have a strong dependency on 
a bug fix that went into that release.

I'd recommend that Florian rebases from 244a68e90d0775d3e579 to
v3.17-rc1 and send a new pull request, but it's also fine if you
do the rebase and add your Signed-off-by to the patches in the process.

	Arnd