Subject: [PATCH] tty: serial: msm: Fix lock init issue with earlycon

From: [email-masked] (Stephen Boyd)
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 15:20:03 -0700

On 10/20, Stephen Boyd wrote:
> On 10/20, Peter Hurley wrote:
> > 
> > FWIW, __msm_console_write() is a deadlock-waiting-to_happen since it does
> > not disable interrupts with spin_lock_irqsave().
> > 
> 
> Yeah we should fix that. As far as I can tell we've never used
> the irqsave variant of the lock in the console path. Did this
> become necessary at some point since this driver was introduced?
> I'm wondering how many stable trees need the fix.

Actually I don't see this case. It looks like the console is
always called in call_console_drivers() with irqs saved and
disabled via the logbuf_lock in console_cont_flush() or
console_unlock().

-- 
Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code Aurora Forum,
a Linux Foundation Collaborative Project