Subject: USB Ethernet gadget on Nokia n900

From: [email-masked] (Pavel Machek)
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 00:42:12 +0200

Hi!

> On Sun, Oct 19, 2014 at 09:19:37PM +0200, Pavel Machek wrote:
> > I am trying to use nfsroot, so I can't use modules.
> 
> Why not?

I'm trying to put root filesystem on nfs, without
initrd/initramfs. Thus no modules for me.

> > (I am attaching full config, in case I missed something important).
> 
> I'm using the below config with 3.17 and g_ether works OK.
> 
> (My initramfs modprobes g_ether, runs busybox ifconfig for usb0
> and launches sshd.)

Ok, I was trying to get away without initramfs ... so that setup is
simpler. And yes, I was using legacy boot method.

I switched to device tree based boot and based my config on yours
(with =m -> =y and NFS enabled), but still do not get USB networking
to work. My PC complains:

[153968.993394] usb 4-1: Product: Nokia N900 (Update mode)
[153968.993397] usb 4-1: Manufacturer: Nokia
[153968.993400] usb 4-1: SerialNumber: 4D554D363434323537
[153969.730564] usb 4-1: USB disconnect, device number 122
[153974.592034] usb 4-1: new high-speed USB device number 123 using
ehci-pci
[153989.704035] usb 4-1: device descriptor read/64, error -110
root at amd:/srv/nfs/n900/tmp# 

(and it worked ok with kernels up-to 3.14).

Could you mail me your initramfs or put it on the web somewhere? That
might be useful test...

Thanks and best regards,
									Pavel
-- 
(english) http://www.livejournal.com/~pavelmachek
(cesky, pictures) http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pavel/picture/horses/blog.html