Subject: [PATCH 00/10] arm64 EFI patches for 3.19

From: [email-masked] (Will Deacon)
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 11:50:55 +0000

Hi Ard,

On Wed, Oct 22, 2014 at 03:21:43PM +0100, Ard Biesheuvel wrote:
> This is a bit of a mixed bag of patches that we would like to see merged for
> 3.19. Most of them have been posted and discussed on linux-efi and/or LAKML
> before, and one of them has even been merged and reverted twice.
> 
> Patches #1 - #4 are fixes for compliance with the UEFI and PE/COFF specs.
> No issues are known that require these patches, so there is no reason to
> pull them into a stable release.
> 
> Patches #5 and #6 address minor issues in the arm64 EFI init code.
> 
> Patches #7 - #10 implement DMI/SMBIOS for arm64, both the existing 32-bit
> version and the upcoming 3.0 version that allows the SMBIOS structure table
> to reside at a physical offset that cannot be encoded in 32-bits. It also
> install a 'Hardware: xxx' string that is printed along with oopses and
> kernel call stack dumps on systems that implement DMI/SMBIOS.
> 
> Please refer to the patches themselves for version history. Acks and/or
> comments appreciated.

It would be helpful for me if you could split this into two series -- one
for the arm64 tree and the other for the efi tree. That would also make the
dependencies clearer, so I know whether any of the arch bits need to go via
Matt.

Cheers,

Will