Subject: [PATCH v2 0/3] ARM: sun8i: Add DMA controller support

From: [email-masked] (Vinod Koul)
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2014 12:41:23 +0530

On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 11:06:01AM +0800, Chen-Yu Tsai wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 11:24 AM, Chen-Yu Tsai <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > This is v2 of my sun8i DMA controller support series. This series
> > adds support for the DMA controller found in the Allwinner A23 SoC.
> > It is the same hardware as found in the A31 (sun6i) SoC. In addition
> > to reduced physical channels and endpoints, the controller in the A23
> > requires an undocumented register to be toggled. That seems to allow
> > memory bus access.
> >
> > This series is based on my earlier "clk: sun6i: Unify AHB1 clock and
> > fix rate calculation" series, which removes the clock muxing calls from
> > the sun6i-dma driver. The default PLL6 pre-divider for AHB1 on the A23
> > results in an exceedingly high clock rate for AHB1, and the system hangs.
> > Also, on the A23, the dma controller happily works even when AHB1 is
> > clocked from AXI.
> >
> >
> > Patch 1 changes the channel count macros into runtime data binded to
> > the DT compatible strings. It also gets rid of some hardcoded values
> > in the interrupt handler.
> >
> > Patch 2 adds the channel number data for the A23 (sun8i), as well as
> > the undocumented register quirk.
> 
> Hi, Vinod,
> 
> Any chance we can get patches 1 & 2 merged? You've already merged the
> prerequisite patch "dmaengine: sun6i: Remove obsolete clk muxing code"
> a few days ago, and patch 3 is already in arm-soc.

Hi ChenYu,

The patches look fine to me so I tried applying them but they fail to apply,
can you please rebase these two and resend

Thanks

-- 
~Vinod