Subject: [GIT PULL] ARM: perf: updates for 3.19

From: [email-masked] (Will Deacon)
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2014 19:16:38 +0000

Hi Arnd, Olof, Russell,

Please can you pull the following ARM perf updates into arm-soc?

I usually send these via rmk's tree, but there's a bunch of CCI PMU
rework in here which is then relied upon by other patches in the series,
so it would be easiest to keep it all together.

These have been in -next for a few weeks, so please let me know when
you've pulled and I'll drop my branch from there.

Cheers,

Will

--->8

The following changes since commit cac7f2429872d3733dc3f9915857b1691da2eb2f:

  Linux 3.18-rc2 (2014-10-26 16:48:41 -0700)

are available in the git repository at:

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/will/linux.git tags/arm-perf-3.19

for you to fetch changes up to af66abfe2ec8bd82211e9e4f036a64c902ff4cdb:

  arm: perf: fold hotplug notifier into arm_pmu (2014-10-30 12:17:01 +0000)

----------------------------------------------------------------
This patch series takes us slightly further on the road to big.LITTLE
support in perf. The main change enabling this is moving the CCI PMU
driver away from the arm-pmu abstraction, allowing the arch code to
focus specifically on support for CPU PMUs.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Mark Rutland (10):
      bus: cci: move away from arm_pmu framework
      arm: perf: factor out callchain code
      arm: perf: add missing pr_info newlines
      arm: perf: make PMU probing data-driven
      arm: perf: use IDR types for CPU PMUs
      arm: perf: limit size of accounting data
      arm: perf: kill get_hw_events()
      arm: perf: fold percpu_pmu into pmu_hw_events
      arm: perf: dynamically allocate cpu hardware data
      arm: perf: fold hotplug notifier into arm_pmu

Will Deacon (1):
      ARM: perf: use pr_* instead of printk

chai wen (1):
      ARM: perf: remove useless return and check of idx in counter handling

 arch/arm/include/asm/perf_event.h   |   2 +-
 arch/arm/include/asm/pmu.h          |  36 ++-
 arch/arm/kernel/Makefile            |   2 +-
 arch/arm/kernel/perf_callchain.c    | 136 +++++++++
 arch/arm/kernel/perf_event.c        | 162 ++---------
 arch/arm/kernel/perf_event_cpu.c    | 181 ++++++------
 arch/arm/kernel/perf_event_v6.c     |  12 +-
 arch/arm/kernel/perf_event_v7.c     |  72 +++--
 arch/arm/kernel/perf_event_xscale.c |  20 +-
 drivers/bus/arm-cci.c               | 552 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++-------
 10 files changed, 772 insertions(+), 403 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 arch/arm/kernel/perf_callchain.c