Subject: [PATCH 3/3] memory: gpmc: Move omap gpmc code to live under drivers

From: [email-masked] (Tony Lindgren)
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 07:44:04 -0800

* Roger Quadros <[email-masked]> [141124 02:02]:
> On 11/21/2014 08:34 PM, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> > --- a/drivers/memory/Kconfig
> > +++ b/drivers/memory/Kconfig
> > @@ -41,6 +41,14 @@ config TI_EMIF
> >  	  parameters and other settings during frequency, voltage and
> >  	  temperature changes
> >  
> > +config OMAP_GPMC
> > +	bool
> 
> We should depend on ARCH_OMAP2PLUS. Other platforms won't benefit
> anything from this driver.

We can't do that yet until we have sorted out the remaining platform
data issues with arch/arm/mach-omap2/*gpmc*.c files.

So OMAP_GPMC is currently a silent Kconfig option that does not show
up as the description after the bool is not there, we select
OMAP_GPMC automatically based on ARCH_OMAP2PLUS.

Once we have the remaining legacy code issues sorted out, we can
make this into just a regular device driver.

Regards,

Tony