Subject: [RFC 2/2] clocksource: don't suspend/resume when unused

From: [email-masked] (Alexandre Belloni)
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2015 11:48:04 +0100

Hi,

On 16/01/2015 at 11:39:16 +0100, Daniel Lezcano wrote :
> >Isn't that already the case?
> >Right now, if you call clocksource_suspend, it doesn't matter whether
> >the clocksource has an enable or not, it will be suspended. Maybe I'm
> >mistaken but my patch doesn't seem to change that behaviour.
> 
> Actually, if there is no enable/disable callback, then CLOCK_SOURCE_USED
> will be never set, hence the condition will always fail and the suspend
> callback won't be called.
> 

It is set in clocksource_enable/disable, even if there is no
enable/disable callback. I only found direct calls to ->enable() in
timekeeper.c, did I miss some?

-- 
Alexandre Belloni, Free Electrons
Embedded Linux, Kernel and Android engineering
http://free-electrons.com