Subject: [PATCH v2 23/30] PCI/mvebu: Use pci_common_init_dev() to simplify code

From: [email-masked] (Thomas Petazzoni)
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2015 18:40:00 +0100

Dear Yijing Wang,

On Wed, 21 Jan 2015 08:30:18 +0800, Yijing Wang wrote:
> Mvebu_pcie_scan_bus() is not necessary, we could use
> pci_common_init_dev() instead of pci_common_init(),
> and pass the device pointer as the parent. Then
> pci_scan_root_bus() will be called to scan the pci busses.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Yijing Wang <[email-masked]>
> CC: Thomas Petazzoni <[email-masked]>
> CC: Jason Cooper <[email-masked]>

While I'm fine with the change to pci_common_init_dev(), I am not so
sure about the removal of mvebu_pcie_scan_bus(). I vaguely remember
that we intentionally did not use the default function for a specific
reason. Of course, this was a long time ago, and I don't remember the
reason. I would have to take a bit of time to 1/ review the archives of
the discussion surrounding the pcie-mvebu driver, and 2/ test your
patch to validate it works fine on HW.

Thanks!

Thomas
-- 
Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Free Electrons
Embedded Linux, Kernel and Android engineering
http://free-electrons.com