Subject: [PATCH] ARM: dts: mvebu: add ethernet to the cm-a510 board

From: [email-masked] (Jean-Francois Moine)
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2015 08:58:55 +0100

On Thu, 05 Feb 2015 23:13:58 +0100
Sebastian Hesselbarth <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > At this moment, I am trying to configure the framebuffer, but as Moine
> > told me,it seems there is not video driver support for this board in
> > DT... :( .  
> 
> Not quite true. Video is made up of at least 4 different devices:
> Framebuffer, GPU, Decode engine, and usually DVI/HDMI transmitter or
> VGA.
> 
> We do have a driver for the framebuffer (armada_drm) and there is great
> work from Russell King and others on the GPU and Decode engine (IIRC).

Yes, but it has no DT support. Mine has.

> If you are using the sb-a510, I can see from the manual, that DVI
> transmitter is SIL164.. AFAIS there is a driver for it, that maybe
> needs some polishing. Nobody ever tested VGA, but it shouldn't be too
> hard to add support for it as it is directly supported by the
> framebuffer HW.

This asks for some VGA encoder/connector module.

Actually, as Gabriel told me that his screen is directly connected to
the RGB LCD output, I wrote a simple panel for him. This module just
gets the display timings from the DT.

> One quite important driver at least for Dove is a clock source for
> video. Internal clock generators for video are way to limited with
> respect to frequencies to allow any useful resolution.

>>From my previous tests with the si5351 in the Cubox, most video modes
should work without external clocks.

> I'll see if I can have a look at the dts stuff this weekend.. that
> way we'll have at least the basic done before moving to the other
> devices.

-- 
Ken ar c'henta?	|	      ** Breizh ha Linux atav! **
Jef		|		http://moinejf.free.fr/