Subject: [PATCH] clockevents: Add (missing) default case for switch blocks

From: [email-masked] (Ingo Molnar)
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 15:54:07 +0100

* viresh kumar <[email-masked]> wrote:

> On Monday 23 February 2015 10:07 PM, Ingo Molnar wrote:>
> > * Viresh Kumar <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> > Ok, could we rename it to something like DETACHED?
> >
> > 'UNUSED' really gives me the wrong impression - it's what
> > we do for unused fields, unused ABI enumertion constants,
> > etc.
> 
> Sure.
> 
> >>> Also, I'd suggest to rename all 'modes' to true state
> >>> machine naming: STATE_INITIALIZED, STATE_SHUT_DOWN,
> >>> STATE_PERIODIC, STATE_RESUMED, etc.: if these are enums
> >>> for
> >>
> >> I thought so initially and it looked like the diff will
> >> be huge as all the variables for the enum, i.e. 'mode',
> >> need to be renamed to 'state'..
> >>
> >> But, if you are okay with it then I would be happy to do
> >> that..
> >
> > Well, how does the diffstat look like?
> >
> > But if the conversion was scripted (i.e. is relatively
> > secure from typos) then that's still fine IMO. Peter?
> 
> Here is the diff:

And here's the diffstat:

 arch/arm/common/bL_switcher.c |    8 +--
 include/linux/clockchips.h    |   48 ++++++++++++------
 kernel/time/clockevents.c     |  109 ++++++++++++++++++++++++------------------
 kernel/time/tick-broadcast.c  |   22 ++++----
 kernel/time/tick-common.c     |    9 +--
 kernel/time/tick-internal.h   |    1 
 kernel/time/tick-oneshot.c    |    6 +-
 kernel/time/timer_list.c      |   16 +++---
 8 files changed, 129 insertions(+), 90 deletions(-)

Not too bad I think.

Thanks,

	Ingo