Subject: [PATCH v2 2/2] ARM: perf: Add support for Scorpion PMUs

From: [email-masked] (Will Deacon)
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 19:46:56 +0000

On Fri, Feb 27, 2015 at 07:36:11PM +0000, Stephen Boyd wrote:
> On 02/25/15 08:58, Ashwin Chaugule wrote:
> > Its a count control register (PMxEVCNTCR). Theres various conditions
> > on which you can select when to start/stop counting. e.g. start when
> > another counter register overflows. Setting it to 0 was the
> > recommended default value on Scorpions and Kraits. Reset value is
> > unpredictable. So, just need to make sure this is set every time a
> > counter is setup. Will that still work if this is moved to the reset
> > path?
> 
> I don't think anything in this register changes unless we reset the CPU
> or software changes it, right? We already have a hotplug notifier to
> handle the case where the CPU is hotplugged out (and may get reset) and
> we need to reset the PMU. The other case is deep idle, which we don't
> have yet but we'll need to do a save/reset/restore across idle when we
> get there. So it seems possible to move it to the PMU reset path.

That would be my preference! Please respin the patches and I'll take another
look.

Will