Subject: [PATCH v5 3/3] ARM: dts: igep00x0: add wl18xx bindings

From: [email-masked] (Tony Lindgren)
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 08:55:30 -0700

* Arnd Bergmann <[email-masked]> [150310 08:48]:
> On Tuesday 10 March 2015 07:28:05 Tony Lindgren wrote:
> > 
> > Oops I forgot about the omap3-sbc-t3730, so yes we have to keep the
> > platform data a little bit longer. But nothing stopping us moving
> > all the other ones to use a proper device tree based configuration.
> > 
> 
> For all I can tell, the t3730 board file does not support wl12xx
> at the moment, only the dts file does.

Hmm strange, it seems to configure the wlan_rst pin. Maybe there
are variants with different WLAN module. But yeah, seems to be
unused.

That still leaves configuring all the dts users of the
pdata-quirks.c legacy_init_wl12xx() with proper dts before
removing it:

$ git grep legacy_init_wl12xx pdata-quirks.c
pdata-quirks.c:static void __init __used legacy_init_wl12xx(unsigned ref_clock,
pdata-quirks.c:static inline void legacy_init_wl12xx(unsigned ref_clock,
pdata-quirks.c: legacy_init_wl12xx(WL12XX_REFCLOCK_38, 0, 136);
pdata-quirks.c: legacy_init_wl12xx(0, 0, 177);
pdata-quirks.c: legacy_init_wl12xx(0, 0, 136);
pdata-quirks.c: legacy_init_wl12xx(WL12XX_REFCLOCK_38, 0, 149);
pdata-quirks.c: legacy_init_wl12xx(WL12XX_REFCLOCK_26, 0, 162);
pdata-quirks.c: legacy_init_wl12xx(WL12XX_REFCLOCK_38, 0, 145);
pdata-quirks.c: legacy_init_wl12xx(WL12XX_REFCLOCK_26,
pdata-quirks.c: legacy_init_wl12xx(WL12XX_REFCLOCK_38, 0, 53);
pdata-quirks.c: legacy_init_wl12xx(WL12XX_REFCLOCK_38, 0, 41);
pdata-quirks.c: legacy_init_wl12xx(WL12XX_REFCLOCK_38, 0, 31);

> If we do what Sekhar suggested and drop wl12xx support from
> the DA850 EVM board file, we can fix all wlcore users.

I guess Sekhar knows the da850 evm status the best. So up to
you guys if wl12xx is not being used on legacy da850.

Regards,

Tony