Subject: [PATCH v10 00/21] Introduce ACPI for ARM64 based on ACPI 5.1

From: [email-masked] (Will Deacon)
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 11:24:11 +0000

On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 10:02:53PM +0000, Grant Likely wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Mar 2015 19:39:27 +0000 , Will Deacon <[email-masked]>
> wrote:
> > On Thu, Mar 19, 2015 at 10:17:27AM +0000, Lorenzo Pieralisi wrote:
> > > Not only that, Sudeep has a patch to consolidate DT and ACPI SMP code,
> > > I am working on it, I do not think it should be a blocking point, patch
> > > coming asap on top of your series.
> > 
> > Well, I don't really want to merge the series without those patches so I
> > do think it blocks the code from getting into mainline.
> 
> Really? It's a pretty minor duplication problem and it's been identified
> as something requiring refactoring to both the ACPI and DT code. It
> isn't at all dangerous. Why is this a blocking point?

Because I don't really see a valid excuse not to get this right first time
around. Lorenzo already has patches on top, so we just need a co-ordinated
review effort.

I wouldn't accept another patch series that needed minor rework (which by
its very nature is easily addressed), so why should ACPI be treated any
differently?

Will