Subject: [PATCH] ARM: print cma-reserved pages from show_mem

From: [email-masked] (Mel Gorman)
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 12:30:29 +0000

On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 11:46:12AM +0000, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:
> <SNIP>
> 
> Looking at Mel's commit, I don't see a reason why we couldn't use that
> solution - it gets rid of walking the page array, which has been fraught
> in the past due to ARM having platforms which have holes in their
> physical memory.
> 
> We could try that solution - I don't see much downside to it.  Most of
> that information is as debug information for MM stuff anyway, and IMHO

>>From an MM perspective, I can tell you that the information is close to
useless for debugging anything. It's why I ditched it in that commit and
AFAIK, no one has ever cared.

> 8<===
> From: Russell King <[email-masked]>
> Subject: [PATCH] ARM: switch to use the generic show_mem() implementation
> 
> Switch ARM to use the generic show_mem() implementation, which displays
> the statistics from the mm zone rather than walking the page arrays.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Russell King <[email-masked]>

If this builds, boots and sysrq-m works as expected then for what it's worth

Acked-by: Mel Gorman <mgorman <[email-masked]>

-- 
Mel Gorman
SUSE Labs