Subject: [PATCH 3/4] net/macb: fix capabilities configuration

From: [email-masked] (Boris Brezillon)
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2015 00:02:35 +0100

Hi Nicolas,

On Fri, 27 Mar 2015 16:34:11 +0100
Nicolas Ferre <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Capabilities configuration by macb_configure_caps() was moved far too late by
> 421d9df0628b (net/macb: merge at91_ether driver into macb driver) which would
> lead to badly configured hardware.

Indeed, the macb_configure_caps function is called a bit too late,
but ...

> So, move this function to early probe and modify its prototype to re-gain its
> original behavior.
> DT data retrieval is also moved to simplify the probe code flow.

... I'm not happy with these changes.
I tried to keep  specific init steps of macb and at91_ether separated
and you're moving macb_configure_caps call (not required on at91_ether
HW) into macb_probe (the common probe part).

How about moving macb_configure_caps a bit earlier in the macb_init
function [1] ?

Best Regards,

Boris

[1]http://code.bulix.org/8gyi6b-88141

-- 
Boris Brezillon, Free Electrons
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering
http://free-electrons.com