Subject: [PATCH 0/3] Drop more omap3 legacy board-*.c files for v4.2

From: [email-masked] (Tony Lindgren)
Date: Tue, 5 May 2015 07:43:08 -0700

* Arnd Bergmann <[email-masked]> [150505 03:56]:
> On Monday 04 May 2015 13:01:54 Tony Lindgren wrote:
> > 
> > For dropping the remaining omap3 legacy boot support, we still
> > have the following board-*.c files:
> > 
> > BOARD                   REASON NEEDED
> > board-ldp.c             Still used in RMKs boot test system
> > board-omap3logic.c      Getting a .dts file for v4.2
> > board-omap3pandora.c    Got a .dts file for v4.1
> > board-rx51-*.c          Needs /proc/atags support for user space
> > 
> > I'm hoping we can drop those for v4.3 merge window, then keep
> > the platform data around for one more merge window in case of
> > reverting needed, then drop the platform data too for v4.4
> > if no issues needing reverting are found.
> 
> Sounds great. Has there been a conclusion about what to do for the
> rx51 /proc/atags support?

I believe we just need to enable /proc/atags also for device tree
based booting if CONFIG_ARM_ATAG_DTB_COMPAT. Pali may have more
info on that.

Then looks like Pali's two patches for showing the revision are
still pending in thread "[PATCH v2 0/2] ARM: /proc/cpuinfo: DT:
Add support for Revision":

http://www.spinics.net/lists/arm-kernel/msg401535.html

Regards,

Tony